Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a new project I came up with while camping. The cop car that came through had his car # on the tail lights so you could see his number in the dark. I'd like to "cut out" a VW symbol (like the one on the fron grill) and put it so it is in the tail lights.

Has anyone taken off their tail light cover?
Is there room to fasten/apoxy a plastic symbol in the casing?

Any other ideas how to do this?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Light up VW emblem in the front and now VW cut outs in the tails..hmm..

I think you should just get it over and put a huge vinyl VW decal on your roof and frame it in neon and Christmas lights :p

·
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure that you can't see most details at night so make them stand out. Besides I do alot of night driving.

·
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The legal issue isn't a problem. I'm always bending the rules slightly.

The issue is how to do it...

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
i don't think it's illegal, because I see tons of Dodge Rams with a ram vinyl decal on their tailights. It makes them look like the ram symbol. I bet your best bet is a kind of vinyl you could attach to your lights, not like a badge or something.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Cops are exempt from all rules.

Just like Ryan said, if Ram owners can do it (as 9/10 of them do), then you can do it as well. I'd use some kind of etched vinyl exterior cover so you don't have to fuss with taking apart the taillight and it can be removed easily if necessary.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
ryan8186 said:
i don't think it's illegal, because I see tons of Dodge Rams with a ram vinyl decal on their tailights. It makes them look like the ram symbol. I bet your best bet is a kind of vinyl you could attach to your lights, not like a badge or something.
first of all you said dodge ram...like an american car is gonna get a ticket...git that german soup nazi first leave the good ole dodge alone...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts