Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

vw service !

Tags
service
861 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  VW4.0L 
#1 ·
ok i purchased a 99 passat on the 4th of this month very happy 35000 miles on it and they gave me a 24 month warranty because it was a certified car . well after driving it 2 days i noticed my back window coming off track ,my radio not getting any stations and my door would rattle when palyign music loud ,and my car would act weird the engine . so i took it in and they had the car since last thrusday .but gave me a 03 jeta as a lower ,and they replaced my radio ,antenna and the window track ,and cleaned my throttle body and i get my car tomorrow but first there head tech has to drive the car to see if they are any other things they can fix . i think this is awesome service .don,t you :bow: :bow: :bow:

#4 ·
yep yep. great service is always good, but it gets you thinking so, why so much wrong with a car which was suppose to pass a (at least) 140+ point inspection when they are certified? I hope that those problems are the only ones you will encounter, it just seems weird that they did not catch that at all......Good luck with it and hope you have fun with your :b5: , i know i am :thumbup: , later.........Rah.

#5 ·
If it's so 'certified', then why weren't these found upon inspection before it became 'certified'.

I got mine at 31k, it wasn't certified, and all that's gone wrong is the icu. Now it has 47k, I fully refunded my warranty(because I hate VW service where I live) and now use CB5 as my 'unlimited warranty'.

I hope everything goes well with your VW service endeavors, you sound satisfied, for now :)

#8 ·
RAH said:
yep yep. great service is always good, but it gets you thinking so, why so much wrong with a car which was suppose to pass a (at least) 140+ point inspection when they are certified? I hope that those problems are the only ones you will encounter, it just seems weird that they did not catch that at all......Good luck with it and hope you have fun with your :b5: , i know i am :thumbup: , later.........Rah.
actually, i think it's 112 points, but anyway, their inspection means about jack. i got a certified '00, and the passenger's side power mirror doesn't work. and my driver's side rear tire had a whopping 7 psi! i had a flat with that tire a few weeks back while on the freeway.

but the only (kind of) good thing about it is the 24k warranty and road side assistance, though i don't really know that it's worth that much. and be sure to keep records of the required maintenance, otherwise they might not cover the repairs.

next time, i'm gonna give a good thorough inspection, even if it is a certified car. i didn't have any problems with my previous pre-owned car, even though it wasn't certified. go figure.

#9 ·
for those keeping score thats VW Service Good Experiences 6 Bad Experiences 5608405845890480958039

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.