Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screw that bubble dome thing John Paul drove around in. Benedict knows how to drive around in style.

http://www.germancarblog.com/2006/10/vw-ph...opes-drive.html

Pope Benedict XVI is the owner of a new Volkswagen Phaeton, courtesy of the German auto maker.

Volkswagen's President Bernd Pischestsrieder met with the Pontiff on October 18, and gave him the keys to the black luxury sedan-- specially equipped with tinted glass and curtans on the windows. The German company said that the car is ideally suited for "comfort, discretion, and security."

The Pope has a new set of wheels. VW's head honcho, Dr. Bernd Pischetsrieder, has presented Pope Benedict XVI with a customized long wheelbase W12 Phaeton. The car is trimmed out to maximize the Holy Father's privacy, comfort and security (translation: it's armored) as he's shuttled about in the 450-horsepower super-sled.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Doesn't he have an Enzo too?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd trade stinky finoofer for an Enzo or Phaeton.
Screw that. I've got a guy I work with who always wants me to take my car out to the track. I told him my girlfriend would pitch a fit if she found out I was racing my car. He said "so, find another girl if she leaves you." To which I said "as much as I like driving fast, I like getting laid better."

Now if I could only figure out a way to get laid, while driving fast.

PS: I was told this Pope had a Golf he drove while he was still Cardinal Ratz, that was sold on eBay after he was promoted.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Sounds like you have control issues in your relationship... :p

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Now if I could only figure out a way to get laid, while driving fast."
My buddy who's about 6ft 2 and ~265lbs claims to have gotten laid while driving on the freeway in his 94 Supra. I can't see how... his girlfriend is quite small but I still can't see how seeing as the Supra is really cramped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts