Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
My car is: VW Passat B6 2010, TSI 1.8
Two days ago i started facing an Intermittent car start.
The situation is as follows:
While i was driving my car normally, the engine suddenly died but all other electrical parts were still working fine. And when i tried to turn the ignition on again it started normally for almost one second and the engine died immediately, tried this for a couple of times and the same situation persisted. I left the car and after about two hours i came back to the car and it worked as if nothing happened at all. The second day i faced the same situation. The check engine light didn't go on and the car doesn't have any other symptoms.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update!
Today i went to computer scan the vehicle and results were as follows:
Code: P0087 Fuel pressure, rail .. too low
Code: 04EB electric fuel pump relay ... open circuit/earth short
Code: 0B09 electric steering column lock

·
Registered
2007 Passat 2.0T
1 Posts
I have the same issue and found the recall for the fuel pump control module.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2017/RCLRPT-17V509-9817.PDF
VW dealership ordered a new one and now I have the same issue PLUS the fuel gauge stopped working. From researching the web it seems the FPCM can cause all types of issues, including melting. It gets super hot and the car suffers multiple problems. I think installing a device that can possibly melt on top of the fuel pump/gas tank was not VW's best idea. Especially when its under the backseat passenger side. Hopefully this helps you with a starting point to troubleshoot. Plug your VIN on this site:
Recalls | NHTSA to see if yours needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fuel Pump Control Module. Ebay=$18 got 11 months on mine so far(knock on wood). If you want no worries, hit up VW just add $100+. lol. Unless you have an available recall for FCM as mentioned above. Had the same exact problem with the car dying. I replaced the fuel pump first with no luck. Note: replacing the internal fuel pump or using a nail gun to nail my toe to the ceiling...? I'd nail my toe with no hesitation. But changed the Module and haven't had a problem in 11 months.

Also I found a quarter inch of water once i pulled the back seat off and could clearly see discoloration from the module overheating against the foam seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts