Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

VW Passat B5.5 3BG 'German Look'

8K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  PassatFANAT1C 
#1 ·
Hi/Salut!

First of all thank you all for your time, reading and contributing (or not) to this or any of mine posts. Let's go.

Im fully focused on a Vehicle Project: Passat B5.5 1.9 TDI Highline Model 03' Year (Fresco Green colour). It's 2-3 months since i bought it, for a cheap cheap prize, and im looking for some Mod's, not so much agressive looking, but for roading it daily.

The to-do-list:
- KW Variant 2 coilover kit (-6cm).
- Audi RS4 18" rims, or BBS replica or ASA jh18 ones (grey, black or anthrax?)
- Chrome Bumper (removing the VW big logo)
- (Possibly) FULL Votex Body Kit (negotiating one from the USA). If it's not posible just installing the 'front spoiler' and not the skirts/rear bumper. If Votex is also not possible, thinking about Rieger, AutoBahn or Dietrich Concept front spoiler.
- Rounded/Oval Chrome double exhausts (just aesthetical, not an exhaust/pipe system).
- Back window-tint (black mate).
- Engine maintenance, Reprogrammation+EGR (from 130 to 165hp).

The previous:

The after (maybe?):

Regards,
José.

See less See more
#4 ·
@TheColoradoRed sorry for that confusion... thats what happens when a Spanish guy wants to 'speak-like' if he was a native lol :p Thats the idea, anthracite rims or black mate. Maybe grey is too common an frequent so let's make a change. Thanks for the support!

@captainfantastic what do you mean? only skirts without any Spoiler (front/rear?). I won't try that. The main idea is to install ONLY front Spoiler, and no skirts/no rear. I have to make a project for any body mod so... just for saving money, painting and so. Do you think with just the Votex front grilled spoiler the car will look well proportioned?

19" rims would make the car-looking a beast one, but there are more things involved on installing that size. Better brakes, tire changes... 18" think would be my limit. Now the car has 16" and also looks good, but 2+ would be the ideal size for no legal/police/road problems. Here in Spain if u road with a car on 19" rims (doesn't matter you have them certified) police looks weird, will stop you and at least 'annoy' you ;)
'Tunning' is not so accepted by police and by ppl... damn

Thanks for both replies guys!

#6 ·
Totally agree with you @captainfantastic
The idea for sure will be installing the Front grilled spoiler. Plastic original skirts will need a re treatmentt (they have lost quality as years passed by) and that proccess will cost less than installing the Votex skirts, painting them and certificating also! Just a matter of paper burocracy and hours of working.

Thanks for the help yay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.