Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I was thinking of installing an iPod interface in my new Passat B6.

I have to decide between the VW original interface kit and the Dension.

Does anybody have the user's manual of the original VW iPod interface (VW part number 1K0 051 444) to post or send to me ?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can barely find info on the OEM integration kit. Local (non-US) dealers don't have a clue. Since the icelink seems to have been discontinued, I'm seriously considering the blitz v.5, altough I could go for the OEM depending on the actual control enabled on the Monsoon HU. Anywho, I'd also appreciate any info from thee forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
altough I could go for the OEM depending on the actual control enabled on the Monsoon HU
It looks like the original VW Interface completely disables the iPod clickwheel, that can be controlled only from the radio head unit. I was looking for the manual to confirm this.

However, I decided to buy a Dension Gateway 300, now I have to install it.

I don't think that the IceLink has been discontinued.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks like the original VW Interface completely disables the iPod clickwheel, that can be controlled only from the radio head unit.
Yes, I've read the same on vvvortex http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2814042. That's a bummer.

So now I'm between the DICE and the BLITZ. $70 dollar difference between the two, depending if you want to have HU control as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts