Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VW's just not having a very good July: between all this, Pichstreider's comments about the Phaeton, and its falling sales in China, things haven't been going well this summer.

VW offers interest-free car loans in U.S.

Reuters / July 07, 2004

FRANKFURT (Reuters) -- Volkswagen has started giving interest-free loans on two models in the United States, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday.

The paper said Volkswagen's offer of interest-free loans for up to 60 months on its Jetta and Passat models started on July 1 and would last until the end of the month.

It quoted a Volkswagen spokesman in the United States as not ruling out cash discounts.

"With the market as competitive as it is, especially the (ordinary) car market, we don't rule out anything," he said.

The company reported deliveries of its VW-brand cars in the United States had slumped 15.6 percent in June from a year earlier, adjusted for one additional working day in 2004.

VW's rivals have been offering discounts, with sticker prices cut by as much as $5,000, pricing the German company out of the market.

VW's North American operation sank into the red in the first quarter, with earnings down by 293 million euros, accounting for more than the 275 million euro decline year on year for the group as a whole.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me? No, I HATE to hate them...actually I have really enjoyed both of the VWs I have owned. My 98 Passat was almost flawless and my 2002 Jetta has been 100% flawless...never an unscheduled visit to the dealer...where'd ya get the idea I hate VWs?

In fact, with 0% financing...I might just buy another VW VERY soon...

·
Registered
191 Posts
duandcc said:
Wanna buy a 2003 W8 sport, 6speed? Black/black leather

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Sales are terrible because of problems with the cars!
My neighbors Passat has been in the shop for a straight month for a Airbag light that wont go off. They cannot fix the problem as of yet :crazy: Well he has gotten a Lawyer at this point :mad:

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Warped said:
Sales are terrible because of problems with the cars!
My neighbors Passat has been in the shop for a straight month for a Airbag light that wont go off. They cannot fix the problem as of yet :crazy: Well he has gotten a Lawyer at this point :mad:
I think that would be your sucky dealers fault.....but I guess they are part of VW.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Other than Touareg and Phaeton, the rest of the product profile are 6-year-old which are getting long-in-the-teeth. Thankfully, Canada's overall VW sales consists of nearly 85% TDI. It seems to be TDI really saves VW's franchise in Canada as we appreciate diesel more than fellow American. You neighbor can't even get TDI in California and NY states. :suspicio:

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brianj1591 said:
duandcc said:
Wanna buy a 2003 W8 sport, 6speed? Black/black leather
Yes, that's exactly what I want...but with 0% financing...and knowing how slow the W8 is selling, I'd want a darn good price...serious discounts...last I checked I had a BECON score of over 720 (IIRC it was 724) so credit scoring shouldn't be a problem...

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Hmm...so how much will my Passat depreciate this year? Maybe its time to sell.... :nervous:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.