Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont play, but IMO this is kinda cool.

tehTex said:
Beginning October 3 and continuing through December 31, any customer that purchases or leases a designated Volkswagen model from the new 2007 line - including Jetta, Jetta GLI, GTI, Rabbit, New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible – will receive their own completely customized First Act GarageMaster electric guitar that will play seamlessly through the car’s existing audio system. The 2006 Jetta, Jetta GLI, GTI, Rabbit, New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible will also come with a custom-made First Act GarageMaster guitar. Each electric guitar is a wholly unique, one-of-a-kind instrument and is available exclusively to those who purchase or lease one of these Volkswagen models through a Volkswagen dealer. No other manufacturer offers a musical experience quite like this to its customers.

more info here of course:
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1842.shtml

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I can 't speak on the quality of that guitar, probably not very good, but a cool idea none the less.

If they were including custom Paul Reed Smith guitars, then you really have something.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That would be completely useless to me and would provide ZERO incentive to buy a VW. To others though, it may be a great deal!!!

Fortunately, I would buy another VW without this deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd rather they give me the $200 that the guitar cost them off the price of the car if I were in the market. I'm just waiting for the dealer response to a request for a tune-up...

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
"GarageMaster" ahahahahahaha...

Put it on "cruise control" and play while you drive!

Do they have "gearhead" tuners?

This way, you can go "wah-wah" all the way home from the stealership after they rip you off!

If you plug in a real guitar, will it make like it does with an aftermarket head unit and kill the car?

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
I can't believe this promo will actually help them sell cars in any way. Kind of dumb IMO.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I can't believe this promo will actually help them sell cars in any way. Kind of dumb IMO.
I imagine it's more about getting people talking about VWs than actually increasing sales of the specified models.

·
what the heck is an echo of gecko anyways...
1,960 Posts
As much as I agree that it's just a sales gimic and probably isn't worth a tenth of the markup it'll bring on the car, I must admit that I would LOVE to have one of those guitars.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
As much as I agree that it's just a sales gimic and probably isn't worth a tenth of the markup it'll bring on the car, I must admit that I would LOVE to have one of those guitars.
Same. I love collecting weird guitars and modifying the hell out of them. You'd be amazed at how $129 guitars sound after you mess around with them a little bit. I would love one of these for free if I were in the market for a car again.

All I got with my Mk5 GLI was a set of cardboard coasters.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
x3 - Not going to influence most buyers. I'd rather have the cash or, better yet, a few trips less to the dealer to fix stuff.
And yet it prompted you to post your opinion ... so it worked on one level, at least.

·
Registered
255 Posts
And yet it prompted you to post your opinion ... so it worked on one level, at least.
Because we're discussing it? Maybe. But it seems to me a good incentive is one that takes a person who might otherwise pass your product by and successfully draws them into the showroom with genuine interest at some reasonable level. I'd guess for at least 95% of their customers this will not be the case due to this ad. Personally, my first reaction when I heard about this incentive was "Just what I need. Something expensive that I have no use for." My second reaction was "I wonder what it would take to turn that into a useful amount of cash?" So I still come back to my original position: just give me the money off the car, please.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
No no no, you guys just don't get it.

We all - ALL - show up at the dealer one afternoon, and instead of taking the car for a test drive, we're all trying out the guitars, jamming away and blowing speakers right and left like the 15 year old wankers that show up at your local Guitar Center.

That'll make the dealers re-think this promotion.:lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts