Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right area for this question, but I'll give it a shot.

Does anyone know how fast VW credit sends out the title to the car after the last payment is made on a loan?

I am relocating to a different state with three more payments, and after reading the convoluted process that must occur to register the car in the new state when I don't have the title in my hot little hands, I have just decided to wait until after I have the title to register it in the new state.

TIA,

Robbie

·
Registered
32 Posts
kiefferr said:
Not sure if this is the right area for this question, but I'll give it a shot.

Does anyone know how fast VW credit sends out the title to the car after the last payment is made on a loan?

I am relocating to a different state with three more payments, and after reading the convoluted process that must occur to register the car in the new state when I don't have the title in my hot little hands, I have just decided to wait until after I have the title to register it in the new state.

TIA,

Robbie
Congradulations from getting out and away from the evil VW credit.

VW credit will quote you a payoff number that must be paid by a certain day. If you miss that day, VW will hold your title untill you pay that last bit of interest, even if its for one day. This happened to me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine was received is less than a week from the time of payoff, I am in Ohio, the check went to IL. A month later, I received a check back for some additional interest that was overcharged.

-Robert

·
Registered
169 Posts
I received mine in about 3-4 weeks. I did pay with a regular check, so that can take a bit longer to clear. In addition, it came in a very plain white envelope, so keep an eye out.

Cheers,

:: Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts