Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that has recently purchased a new VW been denied membership in the VW Club? Stated on the VW website: "If you've purchased a VW recently -- say, in the past 30 days or so -- you may be eligible for a free membership. Just call 1-800-DRIVEVW to check.". Club membership is for three years and includes a subscription to VW Driver Magazine and discounts on VW products. Apparently the membership is supposed to be free to the buyer but the dealer has to submit payment for the membership. Some dealers are neglecting to submit the application papers in order to save the cost of the three year membership ($30).

·
Registered
381 Posts
I purchased a W8 in January. The dealer said they would submit it for me. Later, VWoA said they submitted it as a used car (it was new). I was annoyed, and told them they could keep their shitty memebership if the $30 meant so much to them, and next time I will take my $40,000 elsewhere.

·
Registered
358 Posts
past two cars they joined me up....it's not worth the $30. the first year was because they did a VW day at the track. the second (my passat) i got one catalog in the past 2 years and beyond the login to the website is....nothing.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I get a catalog now and then, and I bought the car almost 5 years ago. There is nothing to this club whatsoever. It's a mirage not even worth 30 cents....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my Passat in February this year. I called to join the club and the operator told me my dealer was a participating dealer (Essermann Int'l Miami) and to call after 30 days. After joining I have to agree that paying $30.00 bucks would have been a rip-off; there is little content in the website. I got some "collectable" cardboard coasters in a nice VW logo can and that has been it. The website has not been updated since I joined.
The club magazine I have not received yet, so I wil not comment on that for now. Save your $30.00 for a mod.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got the magazines when I had my Jetta. Not worth any money. I do still get stuff from Mercedes-Benz (the car I traded on my Passat). Never asked me for a dime, and I get great catalogs, a cute stuffed dog, and a silver key chain. VW makes nice cars, but they don't put much into their customer service end. It's a shame.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I got my membership 3 weeks later after I bought it from Gunther VW of Coconut Creek. The membership welcome kit came a with a VW Mitten to wash the car. The Drivers Mag followed a few weeks later. At first when they brought it out you got some pretty cool stuff as a welcome lit. A pewter VW logo keychain, tie pin of minature New Bettle, a map book, decal sticker and a VW Club T-shirt. In those days it was $25 annually and you got a plastic membership card that was also a phone card, VW gave you 30 free anytime min. Of course this was back in the early 90's. There was no Driver's Mag, but another publication that came out quarterly. I have since used the membership card to get 15% off parts and 10% off service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing