Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you guys might find this kinda cool.

See this boat?

Here's a better shot, closer

And in the spirit of CB5, I wave it goodbye as it departs

Now for those of you still looking a bit like this :crazy: :suspicio: let me explain. Where I live (Rhode Island) I am right on the water. The large boats that bring Volkswagens into New England go by every day. It dawned upon me tonight, as I saw this one leaving (having left more VW's in the country!!!) to take some pictures. The boats carry VW and Audi products and go in and out of the bay consistently. They're pretty big too if you can't tell by the pictures. It is likely that this boat was carrying many B5's earlier today :lol: Pretty cool eh?

-Wapptor

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know what goes into that port, and I know where the boats go... They also always have German names. Its kind of a known fact around here. I'm from Rhode Island btw.

-Wapptor

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can do, I'll take some tomorrow. Of the pad that is, can't guarantee when a boat's going through.

-Wapptor

<edit> remembered I have a picture of my house on the computer. Its my parents house really, and I hate to brag...but here 'tis anyway. Very New England eh?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I went to a maritime college and a friend who I graduated with works for Hual and is an officer on a ship that carries a couple thousand BMWs. A funny story he told me was the first time they brought over the new 6series and half would not start to be able to drive them off when they pulled into port, they had to use fork lifts to tow them out.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm 17, its my parents house, you could say I'm spoiled... But I paid for half the (not new when I got it) B5 and I pay for ALL the mods plus installation. Yes I live there, but I like to think I have some respect for it all. My dad does well in business and all, but I can remember living in a edit: condominum 10 years or so ago :)

-Wapptor

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, its not as big as it looks. My bedroom is pretty small though and it used to be an old house with 6 rooms...we added a bit to it. Thanks for the compliments and all guys, I'm kind of embaressed when it comes to this kind of stuff though...

-Wapptor

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get some shots of the water tomorrow. Yep I'm a kid, shocks a lot of people :lol: I just try and act "respectable" you know. Although I think I'm sort of a freak kid; all good and all, never getting into trouble. It pays off though, my parents trust me a lot, and were willing to help get me into a B5 8)

Postman, your post spread a big smile across my face :lol:

-Wapptor (request any and all pics now!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.