Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I want an Avant, but I don't want the extra height of the Allroad or Alltrack. My Passat B5 wagon is still my benchmark against which any prospective new car is gauged, and I have yet to find anything from anyone that comes close.

·
I break for old people
7,533 Posts
I want an Avant, but I don't want the extra height of the Allroad or Alltrack. My Passat B5 wagon is still my benchmark against which any prospective new car is gauged, and I have yet to find anything from anyone that comes close.
Agreed, it is pretty truck height like.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I would love that too! My wife wanted a TDI wagon with a stick, she really wanted awd too, but we had to shelve that for the other two items. So she drives a 2011 JSW TDi. To the guys comment above about the B5 Passat, its my benchmark too. I own a W8 Wagon, and I would like ot someday replace it with something the same size, awd, and a stick that get's better MPG. Sure I could get s used B5.5 1.8t 4-motion, but I like vw's.

So VW, if you are listening, bring us a 2.0l or tdi, 6-speed and AWD Wagon!

AJ

I say offer a 2.0 TDI 4Motion version.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I rode in one of these in Norway last year. Despite its odd looks in the pictures, it looks great in person. Inside it was nice and smooth as any other new VW. I'm sure seeing it in different color options will help too. I never liked the Tennesee Passat pictures, but when I see opera red ones around town I think they look great.

This is good news since it seems the only german wagons you can get over here are now the Jetta, Allroad, 3-series, and E63.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would buy one to replace the Subaru Impreza the wife currently drives if it has all the "stuff" she wants. She previously owned a 2005 Outback XT and loved it. The new Outback is huge compared to the previous model (more like a Crossover than wagon). I guess we will all just have to wait and see what they bring to the game.

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,322 Posts
Still a fun little car when you stay in the boost range, and handles like a champ with minimal body roll. Actually just installed coils on it last weekend.

·
Whats Up Doc
2,813 Posts
Im sure this suspension will be adjustable just like it is in the All Road......

you guys crack me up with your posts.... its too high, make it a 4motion that plastic trim..... once again look at the All Road..... think about the market they are trying to capture.....

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
The A4 Allroad being sold now does not have an adjustable suspension. I doubt the Passat version would.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is a smart step to produce the all-wheel-drive wagon however I just bought the Forester in order to replace old 4motion Passat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
But why on a Jetta/Golf platform not Passat as it is in Europe???This thing is nice but will be on a smaller side...
The Passat wagons in Europe are pretty nice. Would have bought one if they sold them in the states, hands down. Now VW is also turning to a new speeding brake design. Looking to see what it turns out like.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts