Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

I got it one HOUR before the 'end of the month', which means a great deal. Plusss... CPO warranty until 2011!! I've already driven like 400 miles with it in just 5 days... what a blast.

Everything about it is great... gas mileage, shifting, power, the sound, cornering (!!), looks (the pearl/mica yellow is amazing), it was affordable and god, it'll be RELIABLE (something all dubbers lust for). Thank you Honda, the S2K is a real engineers car (so many little quirks). And when that VTEC kicks in at 6200 (where you B5'ers are redlining), I'm off like a bullet fired by a bat out of hell.

:p na na na na naaa naaaa. Even my wife likes it!!

BTW buy my Passat. Plllllleeeaaaasssseeee. I want a Legacy 2.5GT!!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
hot little number.

I sat in one at the dealer a couple years back with the intention of driving one, but I did not fit very well in it, so I didn't even bother.

Have fun with it.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I need to move out of the Northeast where more income can be applied towards toys (and a home).

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Medrosje said:
I need to move out of the Northeast where more income can be applied towards toys (and a home).
Yeah, ain't that true...

Beautiful car. Everyone bitches how the '04+'s are so much softer and sedated compared to the older ones, which had the revvier engine and stiffer sprung rear. But honestly, for everyday driving fun, I think the newer AP2's are better than the AP1's. I drove an AP1...and keeping it on the road was almost a chore. It had the reflexes of a cat, but the tiny steering wheel w/ a 2.2 turn-to-turn steering ratio means you've gotta keep an close eye on where you are at all times.

BTW, you figure out that you have a clutch delay valve yet? ;) Oh, and who parks in 5th gear?!?!?

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,712 Posts
I've always liked these cars. But you might want to reconsider the Legacy, I haven't read very good things about it lately. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but wouldn't get one once I learned there's no ECS and you lose the ass end in the corners.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stealthx32 said:
BTW, you figure out that you have a clutch delay valve yet? ;) Oh, and who parks in 5th gear?!?!?

You're funny, you know, cause it has 6 gears... and it's in reverse :p.

I know what your saying about the AP1/AP2 thing. The S2K handles freeway expansion joints better than my W8, and it turns like, well, I haven't had a sports car in a while so you'll just have to think about it. :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
R36Dreams said:
I've always liked these cars. But you might want to reconsider the Legacy, I haven't read very good things about it lately. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but wouldn't get one once I learned there's no ECS and you lose the ass end in the corners.

Have you even driven the car? I've flogged the crap out of my buddy's 2.5GT on entrance ramps on stock rubber and you really have to sling it to lose rear (I was never able to with all the brake feinting I did). Even if you did get the rear out, the awd is easy to save it. And you want a turbo 930...talk about being able to lose it...

I've narrowed my next car to a S2000, enjoy you lucky bastard ;) :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
YetAnother20V said:
great buy :thumbup:

and just to be a fan boy, I say, "K20 (with mods) > F22 !!" :lol:
True, a K20A will make 240 bhp on cams alone, but then again, on an F22, its not on your dime...and its fitted for a RWD drivetrain, which makes it better instantly. :lol: The iVTEC really only helps fuel economy.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Its an '04 or an '05 (they're identical in every way). Defrost button has been moved to the center console in the '06 models between the roof and the hazard button, and the steering wheel had a slight redesign. 00-03's have different bumpers and headlights + tailights.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine's an 04 and it was certified with only 3400 miles on it... around $25-26000. You could find one for less (IF you can find one).

Really, it's a great car. I bought it outright but may sell it later for a slightly used Boxster S. Who knows. (later as in 3 years or so)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I can list what the new 2006s are going for but you probably won't like it.

Also, they have stability control, little more comfort and best of all, the last production year model!! So, collectibility value factor!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts