Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody got a pix of votex kit, preferably not lowered. i can't lower and get a kit b/c in my area, you'll end up plowing snow during the winter. plus, you can't go 5 mins w/o hitting a pothole... so debating between suspension upgrade or kit. leaning towards kit but would like to see what it looks like on a stock ride.

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was going to paint the lowers but i heard the paint comes out "weird." can you show me pix of cars w/ painted lowers?

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
dji203 said:
i was going to paint the lowers but i heard the paint comes out "weird." can you show me pix of cars w/ painted lowers?
Alot of people on here have had it done, as long as you go to a reputable body shop they should be able to do a good job.
Here is redb5sdca he has painted lowers and definatly SLAMMED

More pics here:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38852

·
Registered
628 Posts
dji203 said:
anybody got a pix of votex kit, preferably not lowered. i can't lower and get a kit b/c in my area, you'll end up plowing snow during the winter. plus, you can't go 5 mins w/o hitting a pothole... so debating between suspension upgrade or kit. leaning towards kit but would like to see what it looks like on a stock ride.

thanks
Where do you live? I can't imagine any other states that have worse roads than Boston. I know its lowered but you get the idea...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where do you live? I can't imagine any other states that have worse roads than Boston. I know its lowered but you get the idea...
[/quote]

northern nj/nyc area. potholes are pretty bad and weather sucks. i'm wondering maybe for less money, i should just get the lowers painted and just use the left over money on suspension/wheels...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flippped said:
Here's another picture of a Passat with the Lowers Painted. :wink:

wow that's pretty nice. that's kinda the look i'm going for. i got reflex silver. only had it for a month but i plan on getting the wetworks lip and tints by end of summer... FLIPPED, how much did you have to pay for that kinda paintjob?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
DJi203,

I paid $300.00 for the job from a local Collision shop here in Brooklyn New York. I took all the pieces off to have them done being I didn't want any over spray on the car. It took a total of two days and have had them for just about two years now.

BTW Thank You for the compliment. :thumbup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Flippped said:
DJi203,

I paid $300.00 for the job from a local Collision shop here in Brooklyn New York. I took all the pieces off to have them done being I didn't want any over spray on the car. It took a total of two days and have had them for just about two years now.

You REMOVED the pieces? how'd you do that? after you got it back, was putting it back on a hassle? can you drive w/o those pieces or did you leave the car at home for those 2 days?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
dji203 said:
Flippped said:
DJi203,

You REMOVED the pieces? how'd you do that? after you got it back, was putting it back on a hassle? can you drive w/o those pieces or did you leave the car at home for those 2 days?
You could drive if you wanted but you would look really funny people and would think someone robbed some parts off your ride.

As for the removing and putting them back it was pretty simple the only thing that was a minor PIA was the rear bumper. Being the Bentley manual stated it was two pieces and it is actually one on my car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.