Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 Passat has a problem with the radio where the volume level will randomly jump around when adjusting the knob. Has anyone else seen this? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Mine does that too. Like if you change channels or skip tracks, the volume will go down to a lower level. I don't know how to fix it. I hate that feature.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Ha! I've got it worse. When I brake, I notice that sometimes my volume fades to the point there is no more music. Worst part is, it doesn't always do it! It just happens sometimes!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dam you guys have that problem too?????

I had a CD Changer in my trunk, and it did that! It eventually broke, not I have a CD player in the front with a tape going into the tape deck. The Volume doesnt seem to be as shotty. Seems to be way better! Plus having the volume from the CD player helps.

Hope my suggestion helps

Richard

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
same here on both of our cars (98 and 99 b5's) mine sometimes when i turn the knob nothing happens, and my girl's when you barely brush the vol knob it turns up full blast and when you turn it down it takes a million rotations to affect the volume, it's so aggravating. i like the o.e.m. look but i might have no choice to go aftermarket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts