Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volkswagen "most trusted automotive brand" in Europe

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040323-5.htm

"A Reader's Digest European consumer survey shows that Volkswagen is the most trusted brand in the car industry.

Volkswagen was ranked first receiving 20 percent of all votes and was the winner of the "Pegasus Award 2004" in the category "Car". Readers in Austria, Switzerland, and Belgium also voted Volkswagen the most trusted brand of the car industry."

There's a link to the German language site, but I don't have time to "babelfish" it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
When I lived in the UK in the mid-90's, VW UK ran an ad campaign with the theme "If everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen." Guess it worked cos I still remember it and I'm driving a Passat!
Absolutely no connection to the above post ... :lol: Its just that Altair4's post looked lonely ...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
But there's just as many people here with bad stories.....like my $2.5K repair bill for tie rods, control arms, brakes, rotors, and tires. Tires and brake pads were on schedule, but tie rods, control arms, and rotors shouldn't have needed replacement.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
But there's just as many people here with bad stories.....like my $2.5K repair bill for tie rods, control arms, brakes, rotors, and tires. Tires and brake pads were on schedule, but tie rods, control arms, and rotors shouldn't have needed replacement.
Well yea if you go to the dealer....rotors HAVE to be replaced when changing brakepads;)....Ive replaced 1 control arm under warranty....tie rods were frozen at 85k...replaced.

besides control arms....those are maintnance. If you see size of some pot holes around NY area....you would be wondering how the hell our "bad" control arms last so long.... :lol:

BTW, you have a 98....1st year production of a B5....in US.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Europeans also drive sub-2.0L versions of EVERYTHING, and maybe the few rich have 1.8Ts. V6's are reserved for God's right hand man. Taxes just make it unfeasable to own anything bigger, so yeah. You're right. The 1.2L Polo is pretty damn reliable. :p There's also not too much power being put down either, to cause any sort of drivetrain problems.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
47 Posts
stealthx32 said:
1. Europeans also drive sub-2.0L versions of EVERYTHING, and maybe the few rich have 1.8Ts. V6's are reserved for God's right hand man.

2. Taxes just make it unfeasable to own anything bigger, so yeah.
Hmmm,

ever been to Europe ?

1. The working class prefers 1.8/T or 2.0L-engines, better employees and
the mid-range management often drive 3.0L, the upper management and
the rich an famous drive 5,0 or 6,0L and all who have to make much
Kilometers are driving Diesel-engines in the appropriate size. We aren't a
poor breed over here in Europe. Like in the US, the 1.8T is a "bread and
butter" engine for us.

2. CRAP.
The one and only reason for the Europeans for mostly drive rather small-
block engines is nothing else than THE GAS PRICE. We have to buy our
Oil, we can't (and want) just .... eeh, let's say: free it :D
Only Italy has a "luxury-tax" for all engines bigger than 2L (that's the
reason for the long history of small-size italian turbo-engines)

greetz,

Der
KolbenFresser

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
KolbenFresser
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing