Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ...I currently have a 2002 1.8t passat sedan. It is lowered on Vogtland springs. I am aware that vogtland usually pairs their springs up with Koni shocks. I however love the Bilisten sport shocks/struts and the fact that you can adjust the front perches!!!..... will this be an even match for the springs? my car bottoms out wayyyyyy too much right now with kyb gr2. I need something more stiff so that it doesn bottom out on corners etc. The kyb gr2 is a great performer for a stock chassis setup. So should i go with the bilstein sports? or the konis?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I say go with the Billy's. I got them a few months ago and they are stiff stiff stiff, surely will help you with your bottoming out problem.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I installed the Vogtland springs and Bilstein sports a couple of weeks ago, the front end sits a bit lower than the back but otherwise I'm happy with this setup. Bottomed out once on a crappy belgian road, fully loaded.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the Vogtland springs and Bilstein sports a couple of weeks ago, the front end sits a bit lower than the back but otherwise I'm happy with this setup. Bottomed out once on a crappy belgian road, fully loaded.

does your setup have the adjustable front perch?....how does it ride? is it controlled and firm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts