Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the dealer to check on my car.I had and exhaust smell in the cabin through the vents. They said its a breather tube broken and they have to order the parts.
Anyone nows what and where is the breather tube?

Also...I ask the mechanic about chipping the car and he said "its ok,but becarefull...in passat 1.8T you should always check the oil and olways use synthetic.And you should not have any problem. Jettas have same engine but they are ok with regular oil"
I think thats due to the engine position?
any comments?
TIA

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Also...I ask the mechanic about chipping the car and he said "its ok,but becarefull...in passat 1.8T you should always check the oil and olways use synthetic.And you should not have any problem. Jettas have same engine but they are ok with regular oil"
any comments?
TIA
eehhh WTF, engine position does not effect oil durability and consuption :suspicio:

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
2.0GTI said:
any comments?
TIA
eehhh WTF, engine position does not effect oil durability and consuption :suspicio:
Jettas hold more oil and also have the after run coolant pump. Helps a bunch.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sharky said:
2.0GTI said:
any comments?
TIA
Jettas hold more oil and also have the after run coolant pump. Helps a bunch.
Didnt know that!!! I guess thats the case then!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts