Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,

I came across this dude's channel, which I like a lot.

He claims he has fixed the annoying 5HP19 transmission vibration, one that you get at the red light on D, by replacing the pressure regulator in the valve body.

He says the excessive wear in the pressure regulator bore causes many problems in 5HP19s, including the vibration.

Has anyone here achieved any success by replacing that regulator?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,012 Posts
I have never seen any valve body related fixes here except replacing a failed solenoid here or there, but I'd say it's worth a shot. there is sound reasoning for replacing it.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never seen any valve body related fixes here except replacing a failed solenoid here or there, but I'd say it's worth a shot. there is sound reasoning for replacing it.
This is what replaces in the valve body. I may bite bullet and do it when I am there replacing the fluid.
That vibration is annoying for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw this a while back and almost bit the bullet too! Further research showed that there's different variants of the 5HP19 trans valve body. Some for vw/audi, bmw, and porche. The valve body he's working on is v2 and the one in my b5 passat is actually a earlier 01V valve body, that uses a different type of piston (shown here 01V Wear in valve body | Kansas City TDI ), and while there is a kit available for the 01v, it requires machine work to bore it out as opposed to the drop in v2 kit. AEB can never be easy! 😂

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Guess I'll just have to deal with the vibration. Don't thinks it's worth dropping the VB to have it machined.

I am curious to know how many trans have shi$ the bucket due to this part failing.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi y'all,

I came across this dude's channel, which I like a lot.

He claims he has fixed the annoying 5HP19 transmission vibration, one that you get at the red light on D, by replacing the pressure regulator in the valve body.

He says the excessive wear in the pressure regulator bore causes many problems in 5HP19s, including the vibration.

Has anyone here achieved any success by replacing that regulator?

I also had/have a similar problem with my 1997 Audi A4 1.8tq automatic transmission. My problem rears its ugly head while cruising about 25-30 mph with the engine around 1500-1800 rpm. I bought that kit but have not installed it....yet.
I went to a U-Pull-It JY and pulled another valve body and installed it. This seemed to have solved the problem for awhile but I have 200K on the transmission and I think it should be completely overhauled IF I keep this car. I notice that the shifts are not crisp but soft/flare under partial throttle but are crisp under WOT.
I believe my transmission pump is probably my main problem.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts