Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when accelerating or deaccelration or whenever I hit 3000 rpms, I hear this vibration, almost like a buzzing coming from somewhere in between the seats.......... like in the armrest or below, maybe even the tip or whatever is in there. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Same here... except when I hit ~20mph, there's this resonating buzzing sound. Took it to the dealership, they said they couldn't hear anything! :crazy:

2002 W8..

-alex

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Removed resonator can be one of causes, new and not appropriate resonator also. Dead cats also or custom made piping of exhaust. All this can afect gas flow and couse constant resonance problem on same speed and/or revs.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Easiest way is to go underneath of car to se if OE parts are on place, is piping in "one piece", i.e. no cuts, weldings, etc.. Kick cats with something, if they starts to ratle that means that ceramic cells went broken apart, so it is time to think about changing them (official life span is 100 000 miles, in Germany they change them on 60-70 000, they considere they are dead by that time)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts