Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Komfort Sedan 2.0 TSI
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just replaced my passenger side cv and now switching from first to second there is a vibration that I can feel in the floor and hear. It almost sounds like the axle is slipping in the trans between gears (if that’s possible). Any ideas as to what it could be?? As always thanks for any advice or answers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those do not bolt up like on a B5 or B5.5 ,am I correct?

I just now saw this and am still having issues. No they do not bolt up it’s just kind of like I popped it into place like a mr potato head appendage lol... but I am still getting the weird vibe switching at a low gear and I was starting to think it was just the aftermarket part, I read on a post in here that is common for aftermarket cv axles, but today when I was parking I heard a pop come from the axle I replaced. After a quick inspection and tug it looked like nothing is loose or any way it shouldn’t be.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
sounds to me that it is not fully engaged/locked in... with that being said "theoretically" it will not come apart or "fall" out ,sort of a preventitive thing with cv's, that is why you have to move strut out (control arms) to remove, I had similar situation with a GM Envoy ,as a comparison look how close into housing drivers side is and compare to passenger side......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds to me that it is not fully engaged/locked in... with that being said "theoretically" it will not come apart or "fall" out ,sort of a preventitive thing with cv's, that is why you have to move strut out (control arms) to remove, I had similar situation with a GM Envoy ,as a comparison look how close into housing drivers side is and compare to passenger side......
Thank you I will check that out first thing... that’s kind of what I was thinking but I been so sick the last week I haven’t had the energy to check send in an update in the am.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I found
got about a quarter inch gap there... which is annoying because my brother in law was the one that told me “it’s Home”.... the mechanic... thanks dude i guess the chef needs to double check your work from now on . Thanks for the suggestion to compare sides fingers crossed ?? that no teeth or n e thing are worn on this baby now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.