Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1999 tiptronic AHA V6 Passat with only 22,000 miles on it and noticed im getting like a slight vibration or rough idle in drive only at a stop(red lights,idle,etc...). Goes away when I step on the gas...any common problems?

· Registered
1,772 Posts
Yeah, happens to me too.
I have a bad snub mount and it likes to move around and set itself in different positions while I drive. Sometimes I'll come up to a light and I'll be like wow, the vibration went away! And the next light its vibrating me out of my seat and I have to shift to neutral to stop it lol. You could try getting a new snub mount and that MIGHT help, who knows. Couldn't imagine it's too bad with only 22k on it.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah....I bought it with ONLY 12K last summer from an eldery women who never drove it! Just to church and home. I just had all the fluids changed,filters,Timing belt parts due to the cars age. I love this car...Im having my tech friend do the valve cover gaskets and cam tensioner seals soon...I just wanna fix this vibration at red lights! :banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.