Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have some input as far as the vestatec foglights? I've just installed them, and everything seems fine, except the mesh doesn't seem very sturdy, and it came off quite easily. Also, the plastic vent that covers the light doesn't seem attached very well, does anyone have a better way to attach it properly.

:bow:

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,689 Posts
I also am leary about the mesh. You just have to be careful and make sure all of those prongs are into the mesh. You may also try using some silicone to hold them to the bezels form the back.

As for the bezels themselves I think Vestatec could do a better job with their atachement design. I have two attachment points screwed into the the car but the corner closest to the wheels is done with the "clip". I don't think this is very sturdy and time will tell how durable there are.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, i was actually thinking of just running expanded metal all the way from bezel to bezel, and screw the expanded metal on the bumper, not sure what will work, but as it stands I'm a little worried about durability of the bezel.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I will agree with you all that the vestac kit is a great disapointment in the fit and finsish department and especially for the price I would prefer some parts to be a little for sturdy.

Here is what I did to make sure the mesh stays on the the bezel I trimmed down the mesh with some tin snip and bent the mesh so that I holds the prongs. In my opinion if you don't have intermediate skills the kit is not for you.

For the price of the kit you expect to see good instuctions and pieces that don't need finessing to fit.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AGRREEEEDD, but for the $ it's not that bad, I have to admit, the pieces that came with the kit were well thought of, I mean, they basically gave you everything you needed. It's just too bad, the engineering of the product was not the greatest.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just installed mine, I agree with all of you above about the instructions & fit & finish. Mine don't seem that bright.....Have any of you fitted uprated bulbs to the fogs & will the lamp housing take the extra heat ??? I was thinking of fitting 100w bulbs ??

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
grhdylan said:
Just installed mine, I agree with all of you above about the instructions & fit & finish. Mine don't seem that bright.....Have any of you fitted uprated bulbs to the fogs & will the lamp housing take the extra heat ??? I was thinking of fitting 100w bulbs ??
When I installed the my Vestac's I used the bulbs the came with the lights

They looked yellow to me so I put in a set of Silerstars. I was very disappointed because they did not look any white or brighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.