Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
they totally ripped off the design of the new A4 (especially from the sides, and some from the rear)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Here's a pic of the interior:

I haven't checked out prices, not that it's available in NA...

·
Registered
310 Posts
DenimA4CVT said:
Malibu, 9-3SS and Vectra share the same platform.
Yes that's true, now can anyone tell me how come from the same platform GM makes a great car (9-3 Aero) a good car (Opel Vectra) and a complete garbage (the Chevy). They should just start to sell Opel in the states.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have driven the new Malibu, although its no where close to the standards set by Camcord/Passat/6/Altima, its no where near crap status. Its a competent family car for those who want those GM rebates. The Maxx should be stand out enough for Chevy to attact customers who want practicality, although still lack the all-out style and sharpness of 6 Sport.

Speaking of Malibu, its electric power steering is simply lousy. :suspicio:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I decided to go and test drive the chevy (crazy, I know). I sat in it and was horrified. It looks major cheap; thin, shiny & flexible plastics. The seat bolsters flexed just sitting in it, and the seats themsleves were set low - not the 'commanding' view out the Altima.

It looked and felt amacheurish, I promptly decided a test drive was not worth it.

The 9-3 was nice in comparison. On par with the Passat, below the A4.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.