Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has done the vertical door mod to their b5. There are a lot of kits for sale on ebay and the web, but none made specifically for VW's....has anyone used the universal kit or changed another kit to make it work?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
There is a universal kit? As far as I know, there isn't another car kit you can mod to fit onto the Passat. Let alone a VW. My friend works at Vertical Doors and I have tried to get him to make a kit, but that's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Basically no since there isn't a demand.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Plus don't ever think about parking your car in a parking lot again because you will never get the doors open. :crazy: That's why they don't makes cars with doors like that anymore and why there isn't a demand... plus IMHO its kinda dorky, 80's futuristic. (see: Back to the Future Delorian) :roll:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
koolaid said:
I'm working on lambo doors on the front and suicide on the rear...... once I get either done I'll post a pic. I'm searching for the same info on the hinges right now
That must be alot of money to spend on the way your door opens. Pretty cool thought, be sure to get some pics up when they are finished :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.