Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get New Tires for my 99 B5. All Stock. Except for the 16" Swing Rims. I was looking at the Ventus 225/50HR16s... Pretty good price @ 76.99 per. I am wanting a good wearing, Quiet Tire. Right Now I have the Contact CH95 225/50... They seem TOO noisy and really run like SH!T in the Snow. Thankfully, we don't get too much of that in NC but, try to go skiing and you get bumped off the road by Mini-Vans!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I am from NY and have MUCH experience in the Snow... This Car does NOT like the CH95s in the Snow!!!

Any thoughts on the Ventus by Hancock Tires???

Russ

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have them and they are nice. Granted that I have never had 18" tires before and also that I have not done any engine modifications and don't tear up the road. And mine are 225/40HR18's so maybe I haven't told you a damn thing at all :p Anyway just that my experience has been good w/them.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Are these the R-compounds? If so, I've heard good things from some of the Miata guys who auto-X with them. Some even prefer them over the Kumho Victoracers. I may try them some day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ALFRED
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing