Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the two vent looking things under the driver's and passenger's seat on a 2002 Passat v6?
Also we are having a problem with water in the driver's side back floor - sun roof drains and bat. drains are draining...guess we will check the pollen filter...
thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Those are the heat vents for when you have the heat blowing on the floor. That is what warms the back seat.

For water, Search and check all the usual suspects. Betting its battery drains, or the pollen filter cover is installed incorrectly.

Further, My car was taking in water. - The trim across the bottom of the windshield (AKA Windshield Cowl) - was cracked across the bottom. It was letting water right down and through the heater onto the floor. When the car was driven, accelerating would push the water to the back corner of the car.

Find the water, Then you need to remove the seats and dry the carpet and insulation under it. Further, check your CCM in the drivers foot well and make sure that hasn't gotten wet.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - have you ever heard of the water coming out of the heater vents under the driver's seat? it seems to be wet just behind them - we have not noticed any water in the front driver's floor...

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Thank you - have you ever heard of the water coming out of the heater vents under the driver's seat? it seems to be wet just behind them - we have not noticed any water in the front driver's floor...
water can't get in through there. those vents only go to the dash area. there's no way for water to get into them. i doubt it's the pollen filter since the B5.5s have that cover that spans the battery tray area which prevents water from getting in there. i'd look at the water shield at the base of the windshield, the REAR sunroof drains and the base of the antenna.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info...does anyone know where I should take our Passat in the Ofallon, MO - St. Charles, MO area? our Dealer went out of business..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts