Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to the dealership today to pick up my new plates, and as I'm looking at the registration under Vehicle Color it said Silver. Now my car is black. I have no idea how they could mistake Silver for Black. :crazy:

But anyways I told them about it and the lady went to the back to "talk to her manager." She came back and said there should be no problems as long as the VIN number is the same.

So is this correct or what? I asked a few people and some say it doesn't matter and some say I should go back and get a new registration.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
they have done that to me before, when i painted my GTI i went to change the registration from Black to Yellow and the guy there told me that was not possible :crazy: , then the cops gave me a hard time the next night at a roadblock :mad: .
i had to go twice to get em to change it but, i got it done, make sure you get yours changed before it becomes a prob.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
I'd call the DMV and ask them how to correct the dealer's error. May be that it's not that big of a deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Altair 4
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing