1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
wow thats nice, i think im gonna have to spring for a set :bow: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
will these MK4 ones fit the same slot in our cars???

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Anyone know how hard these are to install??? i want the boost, oil temp, oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thay are not hard to install. I have the 3 gauge panel with boost, oil temp. and pressure VDO gauges right above my radio slot.

Be warned, the blue LED's from 42DD do not match well at all to the VW blue if you are picky. I switched back to the red and they are better but the VDO's have poor light coverage over the gauge face so they tend to look lighter in color or dimmed compared to the rest of the red around it. I've heard this can be avoided by getting the expensive Omori gauges.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
do u have to move the radio to the bottom slot???

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a email back from 42DRAFT....

they have a set called the Perfect match, so for $150 you get the 3 gauges and for another $30 or 40 you get the matching lights.

Is that steep or close to the other set someone else mentioned?? Omori?

(By the way, that alum kit looks sweeet complete)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you can get the 3 VDO gauges, the proper sensors and wiring, the 3 gauge din panel, and prefect match lights for around $200, I'd say it's a good deal. Be sure to decide on where you're going to tap for oil pressure and temperature as that will effect your choice of sensor adapters as you'll need to keep the factory pressure sensor active to keep that idiot light under control. The extra adapters may run a few bucks. Beware, the remote sensor extension 42DD sells is NOT reliable for oil temperature, only pressure as it's get little oil exchanged through the dead-end tube and it will read cold all the time.

I bought my actual VDO gauges before I found 42DD and bought the panel and you have no idea how getting something as simple as the proper sensors/threading can be screwed up by non-vw gauge stores on the web. :roll:

Omori will run about $120-$150 PER gauge. Just the gauge. Times 3 plus extras...

My "aluminum kit" is highly buffed paint. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
AnthroSSAT
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing