Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a VDO boost gauge. Its the VDO-150121D! Does anyone have this gauge and recomend it? What tubing is necessary and how hard is to install one?
thx everyone. I did search the forum but didnt find any good answer!
Another user told me that its not too hard to install. do you guys have a good write up? I thought there was one on the info forum but i couldnt find it :crazy:

Link to the gauge:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=VDO-150121D

I am getting it new for 20$ shipped with the tubbing so I guess its a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
352 Posts
well from what i see, most peps here have the VDO boost gauge, i have a grey autometer i got it for 45 buck w/ kit(from locar performance shop). although i got it since i wanted to match my grey interion.

my .02cents

Alfredo

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx alfredo! Yeah, 45 bucks is not bad with the pod (i will have to purchase the pod). This one is just the gauge but i think its a pretty good deal, its the gauge and the tubing for 20 bucks u know... in many shops i see it for 33 and then 8$ or so for tubing without shipping!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well then the price i am buying at its pretty good. 20 with the tubbing.. sorry for the so bigginer question but what is the fittings (i thought u meant the pod there - still have no clue how i will install this but i am whilling to learn). I will get a pod for 25 bucks as well or wait for a group buy on pods!

·
Registered
352 Posts
the kit (gauge) includes:

boost gauge
tubbing
T fitting << that is used to tap into the vacum hose(by cutting the existing hose in two) that goes from you manifold to your fuel pressure regulator :b5:

Alfredo

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I like it, check out my profile, i have as pic of it installed... too lazy to post a pic :thumbup:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx alot for the info alfredo :thumbup:
Merk20VT, i will check the pic rite now! I just got it! I think of it as a good deal, $15 brand new in box with 5 dollars shipping on ebay! Now i just need to get a pod and learn how to installl and i am all set!

AHHA merk20VT, that looks sweet. where didd u get the pod from and how much? thx guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.