Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that:
  • When found in 1.8T engines, such as the (3B) B5/B5.5 Passat, check the PCV "bleeder valve". Example part number 06B-103-245
    • One way to troubleshoot the problem is to pinch closed the vacuum supply hose that attaches to the bleeder valve to see if the excessive crankcase vacuum is resolved resulting in a smooth idle.
Can anyone tell me location of this valve? It is supposedly under the intake manifold?

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,200 Posts
Yes. Locate one of the larger hoses next to the throttle body on the intake manifold and follow it under the intake. In the end of the hose is the bleeder valve connected to a T junction.

#6 or 6A in this pic, depending on year. #1 is the oil cooler/filter housing, for reference.

If the valve is faulty, it often fails like this. For me, it caused a vac/boost leak that would sometimes correct itself. The stopper in the valve would sometimes sit off to the side and not seal all the way.

Reactions: cchief22

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VAGguy, thanks for the info! I put my camera under the intake manifold and found that the curved pipe that goes into the block has split. Time to order some parts I guess.
Thanks again for the quick reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts