Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so there's a writeup somewhere on how to remove the variant tail lights.

i just can't find it, and frankly, the search on this forum sucks. (no offense meant... it's just how i feel, and i'm blunt that way)

so, anybody want to give a hand and link it up here?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i knew that.

thing is... on the driver's side, there's this little parcel thing where the cd changer goes. it's got a couple of shelves in there.

i can reach maybe 2 of the nuts. but that thing is in the way of the 3rd.

i tried to see if maybe that little shelf thing in there would come out, but it appears as though i'd have to take off the entire interior panel to do that.

now, before i go through all that mess.. i was hoping to see if someone on here either had the writeup handy and tell me i'm wrong.... or at least shed some light to possibly an easier method.

and thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
While I don't know how to remove that shelf, I can tell you that it is a pain in the tush. When I took delivery of my Variant, the drivers side tail was fogged. The official VW labor book said it was a 10min. job. (But didn't give a proceedure for removing the tails.) It took them about an hour and a half to figure it out. The warranty person at my dealer was not happy.

Yes, they did have to remove the shelf-thing.

SirWired

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've had that apart numerous times installing euro tails for people. You can either take blakwag's suggestion (drill a hold basically in the back left corner of the shelf the CD changer would fit in) OR remove the assembly.

Removing the assembly isn't that hard, just take your time: Read my post in this thread: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88802&highlight=

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.