Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the showy stuff are two pictures. One with and the other without a test fit of the Mattig Hood Extension Rus/Troopster is selling in the Marketplace.

New Skiotos care of Neal/Photos. FK Badgeless, too. All these things are fairly recent too. The mod bug has hit
!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya painting it myself. Still in the process. Got my paint in spray can form through Napa. 18 bucks for a regualr sized can. Great deal. Perfect match. Will clearcoat with a few coats to top off.

Local place quoted 125 to paint it. They also do the painting for the local stealer.

I will work on other pictures. Hope to have that puppy permanently mounted soon. Need to do the COAM and relocate the hood tab (me thinks at least?) for permanent install.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You need to clean that hood extension up in the corners, its sloppy. And I would blend it into the hood if I were you.

Rich :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks mean. Are you still around on the Cape. I noticed you were looking for a Vag Com about 2 weeks ago on the Cape. If you are where abouts. I'm at the ANG Base. I also have a Black Magic Passat 99.

·
Registered
67 Posts
slimebucket said:
NO, the fitment is not right. It looks sloppy, sorry.

YOU cant tell the corners dont match up?

Rich :)
I agree with Rich.
Sorry bro but the edge corners don't match up. Looks like maybe you just want to get some eyebrows and call it a day.

Sorry

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The extension is just test fit on!!! It is just laying there. When it IS put on it will follow the flow of the hood.

Just looking at the pics and didn't read "test fit"? :poke:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
love styling mods, but please....enough with the "gettin' 'er done" shite

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
PassatVariantPunk said:
Larry the Cable guy, what? Old? No!

It made ya look at least.

PS I never laughed at a joke that guy or the blue collar crew said.

Oh, come on, its good stuff.

A truck driver was stuck under an overpass, the CHP officer pulls up and asks "yur truck get stuck?" The driver responds "Nope, I was just delivering this overpass, and ran out of gas!"

Thats funny.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It would look decent if corners were cleaned up and it blended with the hood...hell they should just make more of the hoods, I'd get one =)

Blue Collar was good, but got over done fast...thats just my opinion though

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Even true Boesers don't cover up the corners.

Man yall are just full of negatibity towards the Mattig. Just a test fit so most of the gripes will be solved but yeow. Tough group.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts