Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a lot of searching, but have another quick question;

Getting ready to do a brake \ clutch fluid flush (for the first time ouch!) and I want to use this fluid...and I know to use DOT 4...but there are 2 valvoline synpower bottles at the store.

one says DOT 3 & 4
the other says just DOT 4

which one should I buy? about a $3 price difference. I'm not worried about price, I just want to get the best one.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Flash4o, "SynPower High Performance Brake Fluid is a full synthetic and exceeds DOT3 and DOT4 specifications. This fluid is an excellent replacement for our Passats and I've used it with Stoptech's BBK and on the W8. Another quality brake fluid that can be found off the shelf is Castrol LMA.

Good luck,

Will aka The Swami

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,507 Posts
I used Valvoline Synpower brake fluid two years ago in the Passat and just bought some for both the Audi A4 and the Passat.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Flash4o, "SynPower High Performance Brake Fluid is a full synthetic and exceeds DOT3 and DOT4 specifications. This fluid is an excellent replacement for our Passats and I've used it with Stoptech's BBK and on the W8. Another quality brake fluid that can be found off the shelf is Castrol LMA.

Good luck,

Will aka The Swami

X2:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts