Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 431 Posts

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Formerly known as the Spring Mid-Atlantic GTG.

Save the date Kiddies! April 28th 2012.

Historical data suggests temps to be in the 60s-70s.

To figure driving time, ZIP is 21009. This is held at Casa de VAG. Aka my house.

I provide food and drinks except for alcohol. BYOB. This isn't a frat party. Keep it clean, keep it sensible, but HAVE FUN! If drinking under 21, you will be asked to leave, no refunds.

I have to get a confirmed list since there are t-shirts that have to be ordered for the event, as well as food/bottled water/ice/etc to be purchased in advance. For that reason, I'll need a head count so I know how many to buy. There will be a no returns cutoff 1 week before to allow time to gather the food/drinks. This cuts down on having to give refunds for last minute no shows.

Send paypal payment to danxav13 at verizon.net in the form of a gift. Please make sure you put your passatworld name in the comments.

I'll send my address and phone numbers to those people who have signed up around one week before. For return visitors, I'll do the same, but I'm pretty sure you remember how to get here!

Pricing:
$12 per person over 12y/o for food. (keep in mind, this is an all day event)

Registration is closed

You're getting a hell of a deal with that. You'd be hard pressed to find better prepared grub for a single meal, let alone a whole day. I prepare as much as possible from scratch, even the wing sauce and marinades.

Preliminary menu:
Bacon Explosion
Pulled Pork (smoked and prepared by me)
Brats/Italian sausage/Peppers/Onions
Burgers (fresh prepared)
Tequila-Lime Chicken Fajitas with home made tortillas
Old bay and Hot wings (my own sauce)

Pasta salad
Potato Salad
Veggie platter

Brownies
Cookies
Cupcakes
Key Lime pie

Links to past Events below:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/46-events-gatherings/326015-spring-mid-atlantic-gtg-aka-vagfest-5-21-2011-date-change.html
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/76-showroom/310083-2010-mid-atlantic-gtg.html
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/46-events-gatherings/280067-mid-atlantic-spring-gtg.html
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/76-showroom/262476-mid-atlantic-gtg-04-19-2008-a.html

This is also a good time to bring what you have that you want to sell (hopefully VW or passat related)

Anybody that wants to order anything from World Impex or NGP Racing, I can save you on shipping. Pay for it and I can pick it up. You can pick it up from me at VAGfest. I live 10 mins from NGP and work 10 mins from Impex.

Attending:
VeeMike (paid and Shirt)
vwb5t (paid and shirt x2)
R36dreams (paid and 2 shirts)
ScottPassat2.8 (Paid x2)
gpassat03 (Paid and 2 shirts)
v4vangelder (shirt)
kiethwbloom (paid and a cutoff shirt)
pablitormdub (paid and 2 shirts)
Mp33Dave (paid and shirt)
frusurf (Paid and shirt x2)
LaSeanM (Paid and shirt)
Outrider6 (paid x3)
Passat for me (paid)
Gerwazy (paid and shirt)
Polidori (Paid)
Mystery guest
jachong (paid)
Bacano4u (paid x2)

Reactions: LaSeanM

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Thanks for the early heads-up. I applied forthwith for release that weekend from husbandly and fatherly duties for the day using the prescribed forms in triplicate with the warden. I shall post henceforth with my reply once received. ;)

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
HOLY $h^T i don't have Army that weekend!!!

Have to see if I can make it. We have a special addition to my passat coming in a week or two.

I am 50/50. Everyone will know why once it happens. :)

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me, after the first three months you'll want a break from the baby and momma. Been there done that, burned down the T-shirt factory.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
Dan, put me down. I need a place to stay, as well; I figure between you and Pablo, I'm likely covered...?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jay, get in line, lol. Matty has first dibs because he is doing something for me. He's out of country right now so we'll see if he stays here or not. Scotty might take the basement if I have it finished by then. It's all pretty much up in the air right now. Plus I don't want to pss off the wifey by having too many people in the house all weekend. I don't have the weekend off from kid duty. I'm still expected to be an active parent (I have no issue with that). Have you talked to Pablo?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll know more the closer we get.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just so you know. Worthersee is an event and car show. This is a gtg from passatworld mainly where we just hang out and eat. Totally different.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking old bay and hot wings, tequila-lime chicken fajitas all from scratch, pulled pork, burgers/dogs/brats, bacon explosion various sides like tater/macaroni/pasta salad, brownies, cookies....you know, all the normal stuff.

1 - 20 of 431 Posts