Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get this error when it tries to connect, "Cant sync baud rate" I believe thats what it said. I tried to do an auto scan and it came up with that for the first thing(dont know what to call it) the went to the second, and the dash lights lit up and the stop warning flashed, any help would be great.

I bought this from boy next door. It is a seiarl with a usb adapter, he said it worked fine, I cant get it to work, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
So I get this error when it tries to connect, "Cant sync baud rate" I believe thats what it said. I tried to do an auto scan and it came up with that for the first thing(dont know what to call it) the went to the second, and the dash lights lit up and the stop warning flashed, any help would be great.

I bought this from boy next door. It is a seiarl with a usb adapter, he said it worked fine, I cant get it to work, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
did you try to do the test of comunication with the vag itself???
and did you save the settings after the test????
let me know

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
is this a genuine vag-com cable made by ross-tech? are you using the serial to usb adapter that's recommended by ross-tech?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know if the serial adapter is approved or not. But I got it to work, i had a serial port and didnt know it, but my harddrive I think crapped out, so Know looking for a new laptop that has one, I dont know if they make a laptop with one.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
i'm sure they still make laptops with serial ports, but the el cheapo ones do not come with a serial port.
Actually even the expensive ones tend to not come with them
Serial port adds slight wieght and power consumption, plus it takes up a space that a USB, VGA, S-video, or even PS/2 port could be. All more useful in most cases.
I'm going to guess a bad cable, converter, or port.
Can yu go to autozone an can they sinc up with thier scanner?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts