Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up with someone i foudn on the vag tool locator website, and i got my airbag fault cleared, but I also wanted to do:
*one touch unlock
*disable automatic door lock when car speed is over 10mph
*and enable window roll up/down from key fob.

Now, heres the problem, when he went to the block 35 option(Central Locks), it wouldn't let him into that menu to change any of the options. It said something along the lines of "interface not available"(not exact error message). Hope this makes sense, its the first time I've ever dealt with vag-com. Any helps greatly appreciated, TIA.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure since we met up in a dark parking lot, it probably was an eBay cable. He said did the same thing to his audi and it worked though?

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Sounds like he was using the unlicensed version of vag-com. You need to find someone with the full paid up version.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I'll have to try that for the one touch unlock, any ideas about the 10mph lock and window roll up/down via key fob?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
the windows thing is only for audi's without hardware, i don't think b5
have the central lock module, may be b5.5??? i don't know.
i think i did it through the central conv. or instruments... i don't remember for sure
good luck

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks 390, that cleared it up. So the roll up/down isnt possible, but the 10mph lock is the most annoying. Can anything be done to that? Keep um' coming!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Thanks 390, that cleared it up. So the roll up/down isnt possible, but the 10mph lock is the most annoying. Can anything be done to that? Keep um' coming!
yes you defiantly are able to take this one out ... its ether in instruments or in central conv. i dont remember the exact one, you should check the central conv. first.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
ok i found it.
you have to go to instruments.17->recode 07->enter the code: 07262(write the old code down, just in case) but you could have different options:
no warning lights(seatbelt,windshield washer, brakes wear )the code is:00262
no seatbelt warning the code is :05262

oh yea and one touch unlock is only for audi's too
but the auto locks in central conv ... it think.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You can easily change the locks to unlock all with one touch and shut off the auto lock using VAG-COM. You can also change the windows to go up and down from the keyfob, but that requires a serial port VAG-COM and some additional software; details in this thread: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219402
Another way to get the windows to roll up and down using the keyfob is to get some hardware from Alientech or some software called KVW100 (both are about $50.)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
You can easily change the locks to unlock all with one touch and shut off the auto lock using VAG-COM. You can also change the windows to go up and down from the keyfob, but that requires a serial port VAG-COM and some additional software; details in this thread: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219402
Another way to get the windows to roll up and down using the keyfob is to get some hardware from Alientech or some software called KVW100 (both are about $50.)
i dont think you right the window option is only available for audi's so the one touch unlock thing ...
and there is no difference bitween the serial port and usb vag...

·
Registered
136 Posts
i dont think you right the window option is only available for audi's so the one touch unlock thing ...
and there is no difference bitween the serial port and usb vag...
Negative, sorry for the instrusion, but the rull-up and down function can be ENABLED without adding new HW (like i.e. Alienremote etc.)

I've followed the instructions given by ouw forum friend in an other thread and works fine in my VW Passat 3BG (B5.5 in US nomenclature).

Read and follow the thread and you will have the roll-up/down function :

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219402

read with attention message #16

ciao,
Enrico.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts