Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

My intake has Emphysema
Well, Keith, it looks like it's just you me and Steve. Nobody is chiming in on FB either.
The only good part is we can all park inside.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #65
Well, Keith, it looks like it's just you me and Steve. Nobody is chiming in on FB either.
The only good part is we can all park inside.
Works for me. But I'm hoping we'll get a couple more.

Registered
Wish I could, but until my youngest son gets a job (preferrably well paying) all of my money goes to paying his school loans. I'd love to make a trip like this with the new engine/trans setup. I kind of feel like I am wasting it as a daily driver. Maybe next year!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #67
I'm still looking forward to going.
Since James is going down to NC early with Jen, do you wanna plot a rendezvous somewhere along the way and drop down into TN together? I'm up for driving a bit further west to connect and thunder down state highways in George Washington National Forest if that appeals to you...

My intake has Emphysema
You guys will have to let me know your ETA on Friday. I'll be about 30 miles north east of Ashville at Lake Lure and three hours from the house. If I get there too early, I'll be hammered before you get there!

I wish I wasn't witless
Where roughly is this gathering so I have an idea of the trip?
I still want to bing the RS down but want to know what I'm getting into and where I'm staying/where most are staying.

Moderate Moderator
Since James is going down to NC early with Jen, do you wanna plot a rendezvous somewhere along the way and drop down into TN together? I'm up for driving a bit further west to connect and thunder down state highways in George Washington National Forest if that appeals to you...
Sure. Sounds good.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #71
Where roughly is this gathering so I have an idea of the trip? I still want to bing the RS down but want to know what I'm getting into and where I'm staying/where most are staying.
We rent a compound (3BR/2BA ranch house with deck and a detached 30'x50' game room garage) with indoor parking for three and outdoor parking for at least ten cars.

The house is 20 minutes from NC end of Tail, about 10 minutes west of Robbinsville. The driveway is actually directly opposite the eastern end of the Cherohala Skyway.

House is rented Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. If you want to join us from PA, I will be heading out Friday morning at 8am from Washington DC, route to be determined by participation of others. I am game for a full on charge down length of Blue Ridge Parkway, 434 miles of elevation and twisties with commanding views. Or I can sprint west to the other side of I-81 and run the Appalachian Trail state highways south with Steve who is coming from points west (Chicago).

I am game for driving. It doesn't really matter what roads we take, as long as it isn't I-81 for too long. And I am game for Friday night ribeyes and baked potatoes again. And corn likker from a jar.

:driving:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #72
I'd love to go if I can get the time off. Can't make it to SoWo this year due to a wedding. Any more information on where the people are staying?
See last post. I am sorry I didn't answer this earlier. There is still plenty of room in the compound if you are able to join us...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #74
I need to put the credit card away....tires and shift kit just today....$$$$
I'm lining up for new tires, possibly new S5 wheels, and maybe a clutch change. Boookooo buckeroonis.

Moderate Moderator
I called The Tire Rack to order a replacement rim for one the City of Chicago pot holes made not-so-round and was told that model is discontinued with two remaining in stock.

Remaining stock of that model rim is now zero.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #78
Glad to have you in Daniel! Looking forward to seeing your RS4!

Moderate Moderator
Aaaaaand I picked up a screw in my rear, drivers-side tire today. A recent scan returned readings of .3 for MAF data (that ain't right). It never ends. :cry: Not to worry, with luck It will be sorted in time for the trip. I'm going to get the car up to Mobile One Inc. so they can make it ready. On positive news, UPS emailed me that my rims were delivered to my office. :barmy:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #80
Initial post updated

Your Passat wants you to do this. We'd love to have you join us.

PassatWorld moderators "Steve from Chicago" and "keithwbloom", as well as PassatWorld FaceBook page moderator James Hartung (R36Dreams) are doing it again this year, hosting a weekend of twisties, wrenching, grub, and grog (local white lightning too!) in the Smoky Mountains and the legendary Tail of the Dragon's 318 turns over 11 miles.

This event is a great place to meet and greet and play with other PWers, it's two solid days of pouncing on some of the Eastern United States' most amazing and challenging mountain twisties. And three nights of wrenching, playing and generally just hanging out.

If you like to drive your Passat, GTI, Audi, or Euro whatever (Subies too!), then you are invited. If you are within driving distance of Deals Gap, NC, then come join us for an overnight, or two, or the whole weekend.

:driving: :wrench: :beer: :beer:

61 - 80 of 113 Posts