Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides troubleshooting, changing transmission to sport mode and changing unlock to single press of button is there any other performance mods I can use my vag-com for
TIA

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Yeep... you can drive up to my house and change mine to the Sport Mode.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
When you are done at Jesstzn's house, I could use the same setting modification too. :poke:

I think you can also change the behavior of the alarm settings as well. I believe it also may provide near real-time readouts of various engine components. You might dump that into troubleshooting.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I turned off my door beeps - lets my 5mo twins keep sleeping while i open the trunk.

Real-time datalogging (approx 3 measurements/second) is pretty useful... particularly ignition timing vs. rpm & intake temp and requested boost pressure vs. measured boost. Just remember to keep your eyes on the road, not the laptop.

oh... there's also wallet performance: dealer said i needed a new throttle body -- vag-com said i didn't. TB adaptation and 30,000 miles later, vag-com is still right. (saved $400+).

·
Registered
237 Posts
What exactly IS a throttle body adaptation? I've heard it mentioned several times, but I still don't know exactly what it does. Thanks,

Jonathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
jjasper13
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing