Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, the search is being finicky, and completely sucking right now, hence this posting.

buddy just got the vag-com in my area, and i'm wondering, with the 02' v6 glx, what all is there to change?

13,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sport Mode.
thank you captain obvious.

what i was really looking for were the practical uses of the vag com.
sport mode isn't high on my list, as it's something i can enable any time, should i feel the desire. also the fact that i'm not turbocharged means that i have even less application for the mode as it does use the charger differently.

that aside, is there anything interesting that can be done, such as cool little quirks you can put into the car?

· I'm Urlik's Hero
9,521 Posts
^

Test the instrument cluster and make ooooh noises as the needles climb to the top, then back, then sit at various levels.

Selective unlocking when you pull the key out/press the key fob

You can recode the dash language to get 24hr clocks if you so wish and on and on

· Moderator/Administrator
26,110 Posts
I think you can change it over to metric display too, like *C for temps and such

· Registered
800 Posts
you can change region code to europe if you want 24 hour display, but everything will be in metric including mileage.

This will also remove the annoying steady beeping for "key in ignition, door open, car running"

and as well the annoying intermitent beeping for "key in ignition, door open, car off"

You can also disable:
seat belt chime
low winshield washer chime
low brake pads chime
Change language to German, French or some others.

Remove/add chirp/blink when unlocking/locking

Someone really needs to make a guide with all the details you can do the b5 passat with vag-com. There is scattered info all over the place.

· Registered
800 Posts
HOW?!?! =)

<3 new VAG-Com
To get rid of annoying beep on key in ignition car on, door open: Recode to country code Germany, or Rest of World.
17-Instruments: -- KWP-1281

[Select]

[17 - Instruments]

[Recode - 07]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

Enter 5-digit code from below

[Do It!]

Look at the third digit, change it to one of the below:

0 - "Germany" 24 hour clock

1 - "Rest of World" 24 hour clock

2 - "USA" 12 hour clock

3 - "Canada" 12 hour clock
change blink/horn on lock/unlock:

46 - Central Covenience: -- KWP1281Only on vehicles with power windows. VAG-COM fine. There are numerous options/ features that can be set.
Selective Unlocking:

[Select]

[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)

[Recode - 07]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

Enter 5-digit code from below

[Do It!]

Look at the existing Soft. Coding. If you have selective unlocking (press the unlock button on the remote once to open the driver's door, twice to open all the doors) the last digit of your coding should be an odd number. To make all doors unlock, add 1 to the coding.

Lock/Unlock Horn/Flash:

[Select]

[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)

[Adaptation - 10]

Channel (03..08)

Adaptation Value (1 = on, 0 = off)

[Save]

Channel 03 Auto Lock

Channel 04 Auto Unlock

Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds

Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds

Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash

Channel 08 Unlock, turn signals flash

· Registered
800 Posts
Is there any way to roll up or down the windows with the remote? tha would be really cool!!
not on B5 and B5.5

but on B6 yes

for the B5 and 5.5 you can get alientech controller

and also there is some device that can do it, on ebay, it reprograms this part of the code that vag-come cannot access. You can access it and if you know what to do write to it using VBC i think. Its tricky, but be aware the chinese tool that just plugs in obd port and flashes that thing for you (it only works on 1 car, then you throw away) it will disable that memory from ever being read again! So this is a dirty game by them to protect their code.

13,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a way to activate the windows with the remote-key.
Not with VAG-COM but with another program called VDS-pro
eh, heard of that one as well.

i went the route of the KVW-100 flash module.
it works nice, but if you're going to get this done, don't cheap out.

the flash module and the VDS replrogram the CCM which has changed several features on my car, apparently.....

whereas the alientech is a module you hook into the door that just intercepts and resends the signals.

for the price and performance, alientech is the way to go, i regret the kvw100 flashing, now that i know the side affects.

· Registered
800 Posts
^^^ What side effects does it have?

Also, make sure you pronounce "Vag com" correctly. One of you guys (cant remember who) seemed to think it was pronounced "Vaj" Com at a recent garage day. :lol:
The sideeffects of the KVW-100 is that it disables READ from the memory addresses where it makes the changes. This is a dirty game the person who made it plays, to stop people from seeing what he is changing, but its not cool that he is disabling this permanently on your vehicle without telling you, you will never again be able to access those memory addresses again. So I say fuck him and find out how to do it with VDS-PRO yourself and don't risk his device changing anything on yoru car.:mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.