Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my daughter's 99 aeb has had a little bit of a stumble/hesitation for awhile and I am looking to see if I can narrow the cause down before I throw money at it and am wondering if I can log certain blocks on the vag com in order to eliminate some things. The issue isn;t always present and I think that adding some Techron to a new tank of gas helps, but I have tried that multiple times and it always eventually comes back. Usually in 2nd or 3rd gear it stumbles as you accelerate hard, although it doesn;t always do this. I guess I was thinking maybe a fuel injector or coilpack, maybe icm going bad. I don;t think it is the clutch or flywheel, although that was done last winter by the indie i occassionally use. There are currently no cels or codes in memory although it stumbled a little today (I'll check for codes again tomorrow). Maybe I should start clean with some new spark plugs, although I think I replaced those about 2 years ago. 305,000 miles on the car. any thoughts? thanks

·
Moderate Moderator
16,463 Posts
Yes, vag-com can do live data reads and potentially help you find problems that aren't yet generating trouble codes. You may want to take a look at the live misfire counters to see if something odd is going on there. The learned fuel trims to see if they look normal or not. MAF readings to see if those are normal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guess I haven't found the live misfires yet, but did log some data in block 002 which gave me the fuel injectors average time in ms (millisecs?) Tried to do some markers around the time frame when I noticed the hesitation and what I saw was something like the following...thoughts about those zeros in the fuel injector column?

Text Line Font

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.