Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could explain the whole Vag-Com and Sports Mode because I am still unsure about it but would definately be interested in trying to get it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
k, here's the main article, work your way though that first.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118567

then here's a condensed version of the codes you'll want to punch in.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1513280&highlight=sport#post1513280

if you'd fill us in w/ the details of your car we could probably get you the exact setup you need. i checked your profile and it's empty.

on my 2000 1.8T i had 00104 and switched it to 00134, and couldn't tell the difference. LOL <shrug>

thanks,

a.s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that it is a 2003 V6 30v GLX Tiptronic also is it worth doing to my car?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Very much so.
Daily driving on the auto is much more fun in sport mode, and its nice to have nearly complete control in old style tip. You can run from right above stall to redline without the car forcing a shift.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have sport mode and old strategy on my car. Put simply... I love it.

If you don't feel a difference at first, drive with it for a while and you'll start to notice it. Then if you still don't, turn it off and wonder "where did my sports car go!?" -- then if you still don't, well, I dunno :p

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I have sport mode and old strategy on my car. Put simply... I love it.

If you don't feel a difference at first, drive with it for a while and you'll start to notice it. Then if you still don't, turn it off and wonder "where did my sports car go!?" -- then if you still don't, well, I dunno :p
Heh, it makes me feel better about not having a stick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright I think I'll try it considering all of you who know much mroe about it than me say that it is worth it. My next question is where do you buy it and about how much does it run for?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Hey Mike - just remember that the Tiptronic was a Porsche invention.
That makes me feel much better about it!
I have much love for the tiptronic, but with sport mode I don't find myself using it all that much. Except for cases where I just feel like I am going to be a smarter shifter then the car, which is rare now.

Pre-sport mode I'd use tiptronic on a daily basis. Now, maybe three or four times a week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts