Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the the shareware vag-com program from Ross Tech program the remote for keyless entry,or does it have to be registered to perform this function.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
No.
What year? If you don't have immobilizer you can program the remote without a VAG-COM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 1999 1.8t. Bought the car used.It came with a remote, but it does not work with my car.Dealership wants $80.00 to program it. If there is a way to program the locks with out the dealership or vag com, I would be interested in how it can be done. By the way, I only have the one key.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It's in your manual... provided you have one.
Check out gig103's post here, it's for mirrors and such, but I think it applies
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72601&highlight=

Also, do yourself a favor and get another key!!! You can get a switchblade style remote from eBay ($20), then get a key cut at a VW dealer ($60). I know there are a ton of threads out there on this, they're difficult to find given the state of the search right now.

Good luck.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
GrayGhost said:
I have 1999 1.8t. Bought the car used.It came with a remote, but it does not work with my car.Dealership wants $80.00 to program it. If there is a way to program the locks with out the dealership or vag com, I would be interested in how it can be done. By the way, I only have the one key.
Thanks
i bought a remote from the dealer ($90) :( but they programmed it free for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts