Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2004.5, I want to disable the seatbelt warning chime ro else change it so that it only goes off once. I do drive with the seatbelt on, but I don't need to be reminded every 24 seconds when there are times (like sitting in a parking lot waiting for my wife to get out of the post office) where I don't need the annoying reminder. Was this something new for 2004 models? I don't thnk my 02 did this. Is this something configurable with the VAG-COM, or can I pull a relay or fuse or something?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:oops: Ok, I am really sorry about the repost. My fault, I was heading to bed (on the east coast) and my wife asked me to post the question. Lazily, I did so, rather than search. What I should have asked then, after doing a lot of research was:

I cannot find anywhere (including the threads linked above) where someone actually claims to have disabled this via the VAG-COM on an 04 Passat, other than recoding the country code, (which has its drawbacks for sure). Ross-Tech's site has instructions for MkIV and Toureg to do this, but the Passat instructions are devoid of this info. I can find plenty of evidence of this working on MkIVs and Touregs too.

Andy at Ross-Tech suggested trying this:
-----------------
[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]
Look at the first two digits in the coding. Add the values for the options together to get the correct coding.
00 - No available equipment
+01 - Brakepad wear sensor warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Washer fluid level warning active
---------------
Which is the same as for the MkIV platforms. I don't have a VAG-COM on which to try this, (though I am thinking of getting one). So has anyone done this successfully, or even heard from someone who has done it successfully on a Passat? Maybe if we resolve this conclusively, it can be posted in the info forum or the newbie sticky thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump. Anyone with a VAG-COM and an 04 want to try this? Anyone in Northern VA / Frederick, MD with a VAG COM want to try this on my 04?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sharky said:
Give me the coding you have now and I'll give you what you need.
Ummm, maybe a newbie question, but how do I know the coding I have if I sdon't have a VAG-COM? If I had it and could change the code myself, I would just subtract 2 from the second number and try it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.