Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to reset my codes and ce light on my 1996 Jetta. I was wondering if anyone had a vag com tool in socal and would be willing to help me reset my codes. I have to get a smog check soon. I live in Rancho Cucamonga. I can drive to meet you, if you can help me :) I'll buy you a six pack of beer too.

I was also thinking of buying a ross-tech vag com. It's a lot of money and I am not sure what you get from their website for $229. Is it just a cable and basic or FULL software?

I wanted to run the vag com on my passat too, I hear you can recalibrate the fuel guage too. Mine doesn't smoothly measure the levels, it jumps a bit.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
if you wanna do it the cheap way, go to www.obdtool.com and get their cable for ~$80. it only comes with the shareware version, but it would clear the codes for ya.i could help you out too, but i live in the san fernando valley, and work in west LA, so it'd be a hefty drive to my place.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet! I just ordered it... so if any of you guys in the IE or LA need to reset your ecu... drop me an email :)

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts