Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably posting this in the wrong location, but I wanted to at least put it on here before I forgot--again.

Last July, I bought an old Toshiba tablet PC and KEY-USB adapter from Ross-Tech. If you live in the Wausau/Stevens Point micropolitan area, need a VAG-COM scan, and my adapter will work with your car then feel free to message me. The indy shops in the area that I go to for major work charge at least $50 per scan. I'll do it for a nice sandwich.

Special note: I have the "KEY-USB" adapter, not the (slightly newer) "KII-USB" adapter, but I haven't seen any documentation of incompatibility.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i live in milwaukee any chance you can come down and scan my car. Ill have $$$ for you. Let me know. thanks
I won't be able to make it to the Milwaukee area for several months. I'm sure there's at least a few other people in the MKE/CHI area that could help you out sooner, though.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was out of the country.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
http://www.tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-7.html

See the entry J on eliminating the need to clean the intake/EGR.

It says you need VAG CON to do this, will yours do something like this?

In any event my folks live in Weston just outside of SChofield/Wausau and their 2001 TDI Jetta won't start because the intake is fully clogged :(

Once we get it unplugged again (seems like we need to do this every winter) could we visit you someplace and get our car programmed a bit so we don't have to be cleaning the intake every year?

Thanx
Ryan

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-7.html

See the entry J on eliminating the need to clean the intake/EGR.

It says you need VAG CON to do this, will yours do something like this?

In any event my folks live in Weston just outside of SChofield/Wausau and their 2001 TDI Jetta won't start because the intake is fully clogged :(

Once we get it unplugged again (seems like we need to do this every winter) could we visit you someplace and get our car programmed a bit so we don't have to be cleaning the intake every year?

Thanx
Ryan
I'll be in Wausau on Thurs, Feb 17. I should be available after 10:30 AM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey tollins, do you perhaps still have that Vag-com? and also still in stevens point? (i frequently travel to waupaca lol)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, mattpik2! I do still have the VAG-COM, but I live near Minocqua now. I don't make it back to Central Wisco very frequently, either. Sorry!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in the Point area,,If anyoes in the Point area,would be great to get together, Im new to the VW world and am looking to learn more about the workings of it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts