Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
I got a 2002 Passat from one of my parents' friends with 60,000 miles on it... it only came with one switchblade key. I ordered one online and had the dealer cut it for free, but didn't want to pay $95 (labor) to have the immobilizer programmed. I programmed the actual remote and found the SKC card with the manual, but haven't been able to find someone with a VAG-COM to help me program the immobilizer (I tried using the VAG locator). Would anyone in the Riverside, Ca area be able to help me? If someone is willing to lend me theirs, I could pay for shipping and/or a security deposit through PayPal. Also, I think the front right light in the bumper has a loose connection. I'll turn my lights on and that light will be off; if I hit it, it will come on and stay on until I turn my lights off. Is there a way to take that light out to check the connection (similar to removing a corner) or do I have to remove the bumper to get to it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hey.
I got a 2002 Passat from one of my parents' friends with 60,000 miles on it... it only came with one switchblade key. I ordered one online and had the dealer cut it for free, but didn't want to pay $95 (labor) to have the immobilizer programmed. I programmed the actual remote and found the SKC card with the manual, but haven't been able to find someone with a VAG-COM to help me program the immobilizer (I tried using the VAG locator). Would anyone in the Riverside, Ca area be able to help me? If someone is willing to lend me theirs, I could pay for shipping and/or a security deposit through PayPal. Also, I think the front right light in the bumper has a loose connection. I'll turn my lights on and that light will be off; if I hit it, it will come on and stay on until I turn my lights off. Is there a way to take that light out to check the connection (similar to removing a corner) or do I have to remove the bumper to get to it?

Thanks.

i think you could get one of the generic cables from ebay for about 20$, and they have cracks for older version of vag-com for you to use with that generic cable. i know one of my friends did it and it works fine

i think this option would be much cheaper then shipping the wire to you and back, and i dont really think anyone would do it anyways.

do the research...
good luck

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
Google "vag-com locator." It's a registry of VAG-COM owners who are willing to share. I'm sure there's someone near you that can help out. Lots of folks in LA.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
i think you could get one of the generic cables from ebay for about 20$, and they have cracks for older version of vag-com for you to use with that generic cable. i know one of my friends did it and it works fine

do the research...
good luck
Ross-Tech does good work, and provides a high-quality and valuable program to VW owners. Cracking their software because you are too cheap to buy it is just wrong.

SirWired

1 - 5 of 5 Posts