Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my vag cable from OBD tools today and I installed the junk and plugged the thing into the car. followed all the directions went to options, then tested com1... got the message
com1:OK
interface: 3, not ready

basically it doesn't detect the adapter. the ignition is on.... i went through their FAQ... didn't work, I emailed them, haven't gotten a reply yet. Do you guys know what's wrong? Maybe I just got a faulty adapter? :cry: I wanted to play with it today.....

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
"Wan Ling do you think your Vag-Com can defeat me?"

Wan Ling I must say that "the game of obdII, is like a swordfight
You must think first, before you move
OBDII style is immensely strong, and immune to nearly any diagnostics
When it's properly used, it's almost invincible"

j/k...oh make sure you really plugged it in the whole way. other than that, wait for the email or call.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
D.Passat00 said:
did you change any of the other settings? if so, then try to restore the defaults and try again.
did that too.....

i do have an aftermarket..... but schmove vag'd my car before and it worked fine.......

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
it's possible that the soldering is messed up. you can try to pop open the adapter, and see if the soldering is ok. then again, that might void their warranty, so it's up to you if you wanna try it.

do you have another computer you can try it on?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Do you have any Palm or Phone Sync software installed? My phone sync was running in the background and caused a port conflict even when the application was not "on".

Did you call them? I got someone on the phone who immediately trouble shot mine for me within 2 minutes. They are very helpful.

Scott

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ummmmm disabled the palm stuff ......

When I started messing with it, it was already almost 5, so I emailed them.... I guess I'll call in the morning if i get no response

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried EVERYTHING.......even called veedub and asked them which wires to cut. My tech guy went and pulled up all the diagrams and what not.......didn't want me to cut anything. But I tried the cable with the HU not plugged into the car........still same problem. I tried switching the switch.... doesn't work. and BTW, the 2002's don't have a k-wire it's a canbus high and canbus low.... some crap like that..... but i've tried everything. I think it's the cable/adapter tho....

if you all could think of anything else that might work let me know....
I"m gonna try it on some other veedubs when i go back to SLO tomorrow... hopefully it's the cable and not my car

I did learn how to pull my head unit out today tho...... THANK jfang.....FOR NOTHING :p hahahah JK

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the same problem and was told it was the serial to usb adapter incompatibility. I got it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter's software

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.