Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my new VAG COM and I am using the free software, which worked great for resetting the CE light on my jetta but I want to be able to adjust more things, check my boost,etc.

Anyone have experience using a fully activated VAG COM? It is much better than the free version features?

OH, btw.. if any of you local socal peeps need your codes reset, hit me up. I live in Alta Loma/Rancho Cucamonga.

Kevin

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
IMHO, ross-tech worked their a$$ of to make that software... pay up, it's worth it. :thumbup: (You'll have better karma too).

·
Registered
126 Posts
He who is without sin cast the first stone. I understand that Ross-Tech makes a good program, and the chance of you finding a serial for the lastest version of the VAG-COM is slim, but with keeping in the spirit of things, just like on this forum if you search it most of the time you will find it. :poke: :)

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
edited by: The GREEK

You really shouldn't post that in the thread, if you want him to steal it then PM that info, posting it on here just leaves an opening for flame wars and potential problems with ross-tech as they frequent pretty much all the VW/Audi forums.

As for buy no buy, if you want to do block measuring and recoding and all that pay for it, it's cheap when you realize everything you get by using it.

If money is tight, you can at least view what all the codes are online and obviously you can clear them.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, I was planning on buying the activation for it, but I was really just wondering what feature it had and if it was worth it.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Some examples of things to measure:

MAF
Boost

You can get all this stuff and graph and make sure everything is tip top.

You can recode locks, tips, and potentially other things to make your and other cars more unique.

I don't have the VAG-COM, I have Prodiag for Palm, but essentially the same thing and being able to measure blocks has done wonders for troubleshooting and when you consider the dealer would probably charge you $80 for diagnostic work you being able to do it at will makes it even more cost effective. :)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
You can't even do a throttle body adaptation without registering. It's totally worth it. It's only $99 for the software I think. I have two ecu's so it's a necessity for me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I purchased the Hex-com which was $100 more but doesn't need software activation and it's paid for the $279 I paid over and over and over again. don't be a cheap bastard and just pay for it, I'm all for piracy of software from MS, SCO, IBM, and damned near anyone else, but when it comes to stealing from a mom and pop shop that puts out a damned good product that's just being a jackass :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Jblough389
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing