Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have VAG-COM and I think that it is able to reprogram either the PRESET RATE(RPM) function or the way the engine determines ADD and MULT.
My MULT value just keeps going up and up until the light goes off.

Heres my problem: I don't know the password or security codes to access
the modules of my ECU using VAG-COM.
VAG-COM says that they should be in the owners manual or repair manual but
I and seem to locate them.
I have tried looking on-line for info on this topic with little success.

If I can find the access codes, I can pioneer how to fix the FA controller.
Do you have any idea where I can find out about the access codes?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a AEM cold air intake. That's why this is happening. I just want to try to fix it via VAG-COM if at all possible. That's why i am looking for those codes if anyone has or knows where to get them.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
do you still have the flow straighteners installed on the MAF? your intake is probably screwing up the flow to the MAF causing the MAF to read low...dialing up the wrong qty. of fuel....the O2 sees this and tries to correct via the MULT trim. is it possible to try rotating the MAF housing with respect to the intake?

It is possible on some cars to use "lemmiwinks" to adjust fueling...however I think it would be better for performance to get the intake working correctly with the ECU "as-is"....or else scrap the intake. MAF is used to determine load which affects timing as well as fuel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.